Search This Blog

Follow us on Facebook

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Puss in Boots – In theaters now


If you fell in love with the big-eyed cat in Shrek 2 then this movie may have caught your eye.  In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that my kids have a thing for cats.  So, when they saw this trailer I knew I was going to be stuck seeing this one.  
We did see Puss in Boots.  I did manage to muscle past my complete exhaustion of interest in all things Shrek and give this an honest chance.  Despite the adorable main character, the hilarious comedic supporting cast (Zach Ga-la-func-i-whats his name, and Amy Sedaris), and the velvety voices of Antonio and Salma, this movie was long, convoluted, and at times dragging.   It was a weird stew of Puss in Boots, Humpty Dumpty, and Jack and the Beanstalk.   My favorite part was Humpty’s golden disguise; the sound effects to go with it were priceless.

Rated PG
Some crude language, violence, and litterbox humor.
Ages 6 and up
Metacritic score of 65/100

No comments:

Post a Comment