Search This Blog

Follow us on Facebook

Monday, November 28, 2011

Great Movies for Cat Lovers


Writing my review for Puss in Boots made me think of our personal collection of cat movies.  My oldest child is a crazy cat lady in training.  So, as you can imagine, we have a nice collection of films starring felines.  You laugh now, but I bet your kids will like some of these too!

My Neighbor Totoro – This is probably the classiest movie on the list and the only movie with actual significance.  Totoro is a mythical cat and a beloved character in Japan.

The Aristocats – Part of the Disney post WWII rebuild, this is a movie that was put together on a shoestring budget using xerography.  The real fun is in the Jazz music.

Garfield – In the movie Zombieland, Bill Murray says his greatest regret is “I don’t know…Garfield?” then dies.  Which makes me laugh every time my kids pull this one out.  To them, its comedic gold…make that platinum. 

The Cat From Outer Space – Seriously, my oldest child’s favorite subjects of conversation have, for a long time, been cats and space.  So this movie is literally Nirvana for him.  What makes it even scarier is that this Disney flick was one of my favorites as a kid.  Yup, the nerdy apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Kiki’s Delivery Service – Oh Jiji, you are so wise!  Another Anime classic on my list, Kiki is a delivery witch with a rather sarcastic cat named Jiji.  Voiced for American audiences by Phil Hartman, it is an absolute treasure.

Shrek 2 – Forget Shrek, this movie was all about the feuding sidekicks!  In this goofy family’s opinion, Puss in Boots stole the show.  That adorable, big-eyed, kitty is not to be denied…you must see him!

Bolt – Bolt is cute enough in this, but Mittens is Awesome.  She is the smart, sarcastic, know it all kitty, and we love her.

If you have a cat kid in your family with a movie that I didn’t list, let me know!  We could use some new material for sure.  Don’t worry dog people; I’ll get to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment