Search This Blog

Follow us on Facebook

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Muppets – In Theaters now


So, I don’t love taking my kids to the theater.  It’s hard work and I think 6 is really when kids start to enjoy a movie theater, which is still about 2 years away for my youngest.  Still, there are certain movies I’m willing to make the effort for.  
When we began making plans for this Thanksgiving I decided part of the fun should be seeing the new Muppet film.  I admit, I doubt my kids were as excited as us “grownups”.  But Muppets have always been such a fun for the whole family type of entertainment, I was sure we would all enjoy ourselves.

The Muppets reunite to put on a show and save their theater and home.  So, the plot is thin, but wonderfully executed.  They have some great new songs. “Man or Muppet” and a version of Cee-lo Green’s “Forget You” sung by Gonzo’s Chickens had everyone laughing (I downloaded them too and were still laughing at the chickens).  Plus, they threw Kermit in a boat and did “Rainbows” for all us old saps. 

My kids had fun.  We adults were happy.  Mission Accomplished. 

Rated G
Suitable for all ages!
Metacritic score 76/100

No comments:

Post a Comment